Table of contents:
Video: Sorting As A Game For Your Dog
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 12:41
Applying is the best game for your dog. It is also one of the most challenging, yet rewarding skills you can learn together. Rest assured, this entertainment is worth your time.
Many methods have been developed to train a dog to bring an object. Get to know your pet first. You can teach him how to move only after there is complete trust between you. You will need to choose a training method that is right for your pet and find someone to help you implement it in a way that makes your dog enjoy the training process.
If your dog is learning to ride in order to compete, assisting a person with a disability or doing other work, then you may need to apply a certain training method. Consult a specialist before training your dog, otherwise you risk ruining your dog's ability to retrieve by using the wrong method or poor training technique.
Here we will describe one method of teaching retrieving that is effective for some dogs, but not necessarily all. This is a method of retrieving in the game and will work best for those dogs whose instinct to carry objects is not tainted by parenting.
There is only one prohibition - never forcing a dog to do anything that hurts him. If the dog has any kind of inflammation in the mouth, then do not let him carry objects until he recovers.
Why waste time teaching your dog how to do it?
During the training process, your dog will gain the following very useful skills:
1. The dog will get used to touching its mouth. Many dogs initially resist this until they find out that there is nothing to worry about.
2. You will be able to give your dog physical activity without running yourself. In fact, you can even just sit in the chair!
3. Dogs love to carry objects in their mouths - this is their natural behavior. Your dog perceives this as a reward, and this can be a reward for the dog accepting something that previously scared him - for example, a thunderstorm, the presence of strangers, etc. Many dogs love feeding even more than treats. By developing a dog's love for handling, you create a powerful factor in motivating your further communication with her.
4. During this game, dogs can meet new people, for this they just need to throw a toy that she will happily bring.
5. It happens that a dog is afraid of an object. Being able to carry it in your mouth cures this fear in a few minutes.
6. If a dog, out of harm or prank, grabs any object, for example, something you need or potentially dangerous to the health of the dog, then you just need to give a command, and the dog will gladly return the stolen to you. Praise your dog, give him a treat, and next time he'll be ready to do the same. Isn't it much better than helpless observation of how the dog grabs a dangerous object and, as a result, the need to go to the veterinarian, which at best can cost you a tidy sum.
7. Dogs can get into places inaccessible to humans, especially if they are sick or injured. If you drop something, and the dog can bring it to you, then your sincere gratitude will make the dog feel truly irreplaceable. This is a great satisfaction for dogs, and such a skill of your pet can make your life much easier and even save your life!
8. We want dogs to stop following the call of nature and chasing cats or barking at squirrels. If you have a dog that can handle a comfortable ball, then you just have to call the dog, throw a toy to it, and it will happily rush after it to bring it to its beloved owner and earn praise. When that happens, you'll be glad you took the time to teach your pet how to bring items!
What is apportioning? Once you understand what this is about, you will see that it is very easy for dogs to learn this, as this is their natural behavior. The biggest obstacle to training a dog in this skill is that the owners do not know what feeding is. If you can't imagine a dog wearing an object, you don't believe that it can do it and you don't encourage it when it does it naturally. The lion's share of the retrieval training process takes place in the game, but you must know the rules of this game.
The feeding is that the dog runs to the object, takes it in its mouth, brings it to you and holds it until you take this object in such a way that it will not fall to the ground if the dog opens its jaws. If you notice that the dog takes some objects and runs with them, then he has all the makings to learn how to move. You just need to teach her to do it on command. It also helps teach the dog to run up to you when you call, as the desire for you to drop the toy again leads the dog towards you.
Using instinct. Whether you are working with a puppy or an adult dog, the first step in learning to retrieve is simply tossing a toy to the dog and seeing if he is showing interest in chasing it. To prevent bad habits from developing from the start, play in a confined space so that the dog cannot run away from you by grabbing the toy.
A good place is an entrance hall where the doors are closed. If necessary, you can use a long leash. When the dog brings you the toy, give it back to the dog. Never let your dog feel like this is a competition with a winner and a loser. Applying is the collaboration between you and your dog, it is what makes you a team.
If your dog doesn't show any interest in the thrown toy, you can provoke him by using a leash one and a half to two meters long. Take the toy in your right hand and the dog on the leash with your left. Find a room large enough for the dog to run in all directions for the length of the leash and 5 meters in one direction. Use the item the dog finds most interesting. Tease your dog with a toy by holding it close to the dog's muzzle while rotating on its axis and forcing the dog to run around you. When the dog tries to grab the toy, drop it and release the dog from the leash. If you do everything right, then any dog will not resist the temptation to rush for a favorite toy!
Work your dog in short sessions daily. Stop training until the dog is fed up and wants more. A small restriction will only whet the dog's interest in these activities.
Use whatever object your dog likes, but a wooden or plastic dumbbell is best for this. Between training sessions, do not keep this object on the floor like toys that your dog can chew on. After practice, give the dog something in place of a dumbbell and put it away so the dog won't reach.
Let's move on to the step-by-step training in handling. As you continue to play with the dog every day, encouraging him to run, grab and carry the toy, start working on the structural elements of the retrieval. The dog should run up to you at your call, hold the object in its mouth until a command is given, and give it on command. It is better to break down the process of teaching these wisdoms into separate stages.
Copyright holder portal Zooclub
A dog is a carnivorous creature, therefore, protein products should serve as the basis of food : meat, mainly raw, dairy products, eggs. You can't grow a good puppy on porridges and soups.So, what you can not feed dogs:- hot (directly from the stove), cold (from the refrigerator), spicy, salty, fatty, sweet, smoked food;- river fish
As a rule, a person who loves dogs treats other animals well as well. Often different pets live in his house, and this leads to the need to introduce the dog to other dogs, cats, birds and other animals.Although we flatter ourselves with the hope that peace and quiet will always reign in our home, some animals cannot peacefully coexist with each other
Brr! How cold it is outside! If you're outside, you probably look forward to getting home to put on a warm sweater and have a cup of hot chocolate. But what about your dog? Is she freezing?Some dogs are more sensitive to cold than others, especially older animals or those with some kind of arthritis
The ideal time to start parenting (training) your puppy is the first week of his arrival in your home. By education (training) I do not mean formal training. By this term, I mean adjusting the dog to its new pack, building relationships with your family members and teaching the rules of behavior in the house
A game! It does not leave anyone indifferent, neither former or current athletes, nor their supporters, nor card players, roulette or billiards, nor, moreover, our dogs. The significance of play in the life of all living things is so great that zoopsychologists even identified the specific need of animals for the need for play