Video: What Can You Not Feed Your Dog?
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-31 03:34
A dog is a carnivorous creature, therefore, protein products should serve as the basis of food: meat, mainly raw, dairy products, eggs. You can't grow a good puppy on porridges and soups.
So, what you can not feed dogs:
- hot (directly from the stove), cold (from the refrigerator), spicy, salty, fatty, sweet, smoked food;
- river fish. You can only give boiled seafood. Never give freshwater and raw sea water, as infection with worms is possible;
- you cannot give bones instead of feed. Contrary to the ingrained misconception, bones are death for a dog. First, they are not absorbed. Secondly, they can cause constipation, bowel perforation, volvulus. Especially dangerous are tubular bones, which tend to split into sharp parts. Bones also contribute to the rapid grinding of teeth;
- you cannot constantly feed pasta, legumes, white bread, potatoes, peas, wheat flour products;
- the dog should not know what sausages, sausage, ham are. However, it seems that people will soon not know about these products either. But we know a lot of owners who are capable of doing incredible things for their pet and will not stand up for any expenses and difficulties. In this case, all this is completely in vain. Sausages for a dog are poison. They damage the liver, and the dog risks dying at a young age. After all, we do not know what additives are added to sausages to make them look attractive;
- the puppy should not know the taste of sugar and sweets. Sweets spoil appetite, disrupt digestion. In addition, they destroy teeth and have an extremely adverse effect on the eyes, which begin to water;
- you can't feed pork and fatty lamb, raw chicken meat;
- spices must not be added to the dog's food: pepper, bay leaf, spicy tomato sauce;
- feed with rotten and sour foods.
Puppy feeding regime. Up to 2 months, the puppy is fed 6 times a day every 3.5 hours. (6:30 - 10:00 - 13:30 - 17:00 - 20:30 - 24:00). From 2 to 4 months, they feed 5 times a day, every 4 hours. (7:00 - 11:00 - 15:00 - 19:00 - 23:00.). From 4 to 6 months - 4 times a day. From 6 to 10 months - 3 times a day. From 10 months 2-3 times a day, like an adult dog.
Food for our pet. A dog is a carnivorous creature, therefore, protein products should serve as the basis of food: meat, mainly raw, dairy products, eggs. You can't grow a good puppy on porridges and soups. They contribute to the looseness of the constitution - and the cocker must be strong.
Meat. It is recommended to give only beef, and mostly raw. Many dogs are irritated by the smell of blood, and they refuse raw meat. In this case, it must be boiled or lightly fried. Up to a year, the puppy should be given 50 g per day for each kilogram of weight. An adult dog can be given 200-250 g of meat per day. The liver, kidneys, heart, udder contain a lot of useful substances, but they must be given well-boiled. Always add finely chopped vegetables to meat feeding. Never give bones. But there is an exception to this rule. It applies only to soft cartilage, and even then in a small amount. You can give a boiled chicken neck, previously broken with a hammer.
Milk products. In the first place, of course, cottage cheese, as the main source of well-absorbed calcium. A puppy under one year old should be given calcined cottage cheese, which you have to cook yourself. To do this, add 2 tablespoons of 10% calcium chloride to half a liter of boiling milk. Throw curdled cottage cheese on a sieve. When the serum drains, cool slightly and give to the puppy. The leftover whey can be left to drink or used for brewing Hercules oatmeal for another feed.
Milk is food, not drink. It is very useful, but it weakens some dogs. Kefir, yogurt have a good effect on digestion, are very useful. It is useful to add grated cheese to cereals and vegetable mixtures. It is also convenient to use as a training treat.
Eggs. The product is very nutritious. It is better to give raw yolks mixed with dairy products or porridge. Raw protein is undesirable, and is simply not digested. Eggs can be fed soft-boiled or as an omelet. With systematic meat feeding, one or two eggs per week are enough.
Cereals and bread. These products cannot be the main food of a cocker, but in small quantities their use is quite acceptable and even necessary. The nutritional value of cereals is uneven. In the first place - "Hercules". It should be soaked in kefir, milk whey, broth, milk. It is better not to cook, and to give an adult dog raw cereals altogether. It is permissible for a puppy to cook porridge from rice, buckwheat, millet. Pearl barley irritates the puppy's intestines, so it should be given in small quantities, and it is better to exclude it from the diet altogether. When cooking porridge in milk, it is good to add cabbage, carrots, pumpkin and other vegetables, except for potatoes. An adult dog and a teenage puppy should definitely be offered to gnaw rye bread croutons.
The ideal time to start parenting (training) your puppy is the first week of his arrival in your home. By education (training) I do not mean formal training. By this term, I mean adjusting the dog to its new pack, building relationships with your family members and teaching the rules of behavior in the house
What should you feed your dog to keep it always healthy and cheerful? Experts say that the diet should be monotonous, mainly consisting of products that contain fermented milk substances of medium fat content. You should also give both raw meat and entrails (heart, liver, kidneys and others), food of plant origin, consisting of vegetables and some fruits, but not sweet
This question is often asked by dog owners. But this seemingly simple question is very difficult to answer. In this article, we will discuss the factors that affect determining the optimal amount of food for your pet.Once an experienced Labrador breeder, whose animals were always in excellent physical shape, was asked how she feeds the dogs, that they have such a good weight. She
Many smart and useful articles and books have been written about difficult adolescents; unfortunately, there is practically no information in the literature about difficult dogs and how to re-educate them - trainers hide their secrets. Let's try to give some tips
Mixed fodders and feed mixtures specially prepared from various products are used to feed not only fry and juveniles, but also adult aquarium fish of many species. They are especially important in difficult seasonal and climatic periods of the acquisition of live food