Video: Ten Ways To Keep Your Dog Warm In Winter
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 22:49
Brr! How cold it is outside! If you're outside, you probably look forward to getting home to put on a warm sweater and have a cup of hot chocolate. But what about your dog? Is she freezing?
Some dogs are more sensitive to cold than others, especially older animals or those with some kind of arthritis. Here are ten tips to keep your dog warm in winter.
1. Buy the right breed for your climate. You can start with a breed made for harsh winters if you live in a cold enough climate and plan to spend significant time outdoors with your dog. These frost-resistant dogs include Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies and Chow Chows. Longhaired cats also tolerate cold well, although in general all cats are much more comfortable indoors.
2. Keep your dog indoors. This is the best way to keep your pet from freezing.
3. Dress your dog in special clothing. If your home is a little chilly, dress your dog in a fun jacket or sweater to keep him warm. If you go outside with your pet in the snow, it is best to choose waterproof nylon clothing.
4. Boots. Your dog regulates body temperature through the pads (and of course, through the tongue). When walking in the snow, special dog boots will help keep the animal's paws warm. They will also protect them from salt and other chemicals that are commonly sprinkled on streets in winter.
5. Check the temperature before going outside. In winter, like in summer, temperatures can suddenly change for the worse.
6. A suitable house. If your dog lives in a backyard, make sure the house is warm and not drained, and the roof does not leak.
7. Lounger. The dog's bed should be at least 8 cm from the cold floor to avoid hypothermia. To do this, you can use low wooden or aluminum platforms with a canvas stretched around the perimeter.
8. Increase the volume of food. Dogs use more calories in winter to maintain their body temperature. Feed your dog a little more in winter than in warm season, especially if he spends a lot of time outside.
9. Use a hot water bottle. If your house is cold, you can place a hot water bottle under your dog's bed to help keep it warm for many hours.
10. Do not forget to periodically give your dog a treat and rub the tummy. Nothing warms your dog's heart more than a favorite treat and your attention.
Copyright holder portal Zooclub
Actions aimed at maintaining cleanliness are easily seen in the dog, but quite often the animal uses them as components of other types of behavior.The wet dog shakes off the water from the coat with vigorous movements. But the same action acts as a displaced reaction in cases where nothing irritates the dog's skin or affects its coat
It is difficult to say anything definite about the number of fish in the aquarium. You can still recommend planting fish in a windproof aquarium with a volume of 40-50 liters in such an amount that for each fish up to 5 cm in length there is at least 2 liters of water, 8-10 cm long - 3-4 liters, over 12 cm - 8- 10 l
In nature, seawater, washing coral reefs, brings with it various minerals and trace elements. Of all the elements and minerals present in water, nothing is absorbed as quickly and in such quantities as calcium. Hard corals, which make up the bulk of coral reefs, use calcium to build their skeletons
So, we are buying a purebred puppy . We definitely need to get the future "show star", so six months ago we agreed with the owners of the leading kennel about the puppy from mating with the European Interchampion. And finally the long-awaited litter was born
Dogs love furniture too. Some people, of course, like to lie on the floor, but there is still furniture in every home. Just like humans, dogs can have joint problems that can make it painful for them to lie on the floor.If you do not want the dog to lie on your upholstered furniture, make it a soft and warm bed