Table of contents:
Video: What Types Of Fertilizers Are Used To Feed Plants In An Aquarium?
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 22:49
Fertilizers containing the nutrients needed by plants are applied to the soil and water.
Fertilizers applied to the soil:
- Organic matter contained in the aquarium soil. When changing the water, the soil is sucked in with a dirt cleaner and the drained water is passed through a fine-mesh cloth. The precipitate is dried and stored in a closed container in a cool, dry place. It is mixed with the soil in a ratio of 1:10.
- Balls made of a mixture of clay and charcoal (preferably birch) in a ratio of 4: 1. They are applied under the roots of plants that require nutritious soil.
- Special fertilizers for aquarium plants produced by domestic and foreign companies. Fertilizers applied to water:
- EDTA (on sale it happens as EDTA).
- Carbon dioxide.
- Liquid complex fertilizer Rodnichok-2 is added to fresh water when changing water at the rate of 1 ml per 10 liters of water.
- 1 tablet of grade 1A micronutrient fertilizer, previously dissolved in water, is added once a month to 200 liters of aquarium water. This fertilizer can be combined with grade 4A, 1 tablet of which, after being dissolved in water, is added once every 2 weeks to 300 liters of aquarium water.
- Wagner's nutrient solution: 1 liter of distilled water, 15 g of ammonium phosphate, 15 g of potassium nitrate, 25 g of sodium sulfate, 40 g of ammonium sulfate; 3-5 drops in 5 liters of water.
Range of fertilizers for aquarium plants
Special fertilizers for aquarium plants are produced by domestic and foreign companies. To check the effectiveness of the fertilizer, first apply 0.5 of the recommended dose and observe the plants. If the result is positive, they should form new large leaves and grow better.
When setting up a new aquarium, the fertilizer applied to the water is calculated for the entire volume, then fertilizer is applied when changing the water based on the changed volume.
Related article What mineral fertilizers can be used to feed aquarium plants?
Foreign companies produce devices that provide a constant supply of liquid fertilizer throughout the day, the number of drops of which and the period of delivery time are provided by the adjustment mechanism.
When purchasing fertilizers, they pay attention to its composition, in which iron is very valuable. This fertilizer has the following advantages: it promotes the formation of green leaves; plants adapt better to the aquarium environment; plants absorb other fertilizer salts better; leaves increase in size; promotes the coexistence of plants with different requirements.
"Aquarium. Aquatic Plants ". V. Mikhailov
Not a single part of the article can be reproduced without the written permission of the author and the Delta M publishing house
It is not difficult to compensate for the lack of one or more macro- or microelements in the aquarium water, which ensure the normal vital activity of plants , since the chemicals that contain these elements are quite available.Most of the necessary macro- and microelements are contained in complex mineral fertilizers
A constant, suitable temperature is essential for the health of your aquarium inhabitants. Sudden changes in temperature can lead to stress, which will increase your animals' susceptibility to infection and disease.Aquarium, marine and reef assemblies contain equipment (water pumps and lighting) that is sufficient to heat the water
Different types of filters are used in the aquarium. There are external and internal filters.In internal filters, water is purified by sucking it through foam rubber or synthetic wool, placed in a special glass. The filter material is periodically clogged and requires flushing
Many aquarium fish require plant foods in addition to animal feed. For such as, for example, mollies, some hemigrams, tilapias and others, plant food should become a constant part of the food. Other fish of this kind should be given only occasionally
Mixed fodders and feed mixtures specially prepared from various products are used to feed not only fry and juveniles, but also adult aquarium fish of many species. They are especially important in difficult seasonal and climatic periods of the acquisition of live food