Table of contents:
- What do you need to buy to keep the Bichon?
- What and how often to feed the Bichon Frize?
- Do I need to train the Bichon Frize? What training courses are suitable for the Bichon Frize?
Video: Bichon Frize: Features Of Keeping And Feeding
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 22:49
What are the features of the Bichon Frize content?
Bichon Frize are energetic, sociable, affectionate dogs. They are ideal companions, suitable for families with children, as well as for people with no experience in keeping dogs. Walking with a bichon is strictly required, but they do not need a lot of physical activity, since their small size allows them to expend energy, actively moving throughout the day both at home and on the street. Bichon Frize, due to their size, are great for keeping in an apartment, but it should be borne in mind that the smaller the living space, the more intense the games and exercises should be on the street so that the dog does not accumulate excess energy, which it with incredible ease can lead to the destruction of the house.
Bichon Frize. © www.flickr.com / Benny Lin
Dogs of this breed quickly adapt to the new environment.
When keeping Bichon Frize, it is very important to pay a lot of attention to them. Compliance with this seemingly ordinary rule is the key to the dog's mental balance, therefore, before starting a Bichon Frize, you need to think about whether the owner will be able to devote a lot of time to the dog not only for daily care, but also for daily communication and games.
It is important to remember that tobacco smoke is harmful to the Bichon Frize, moreover, it provokes increased tearing. Also, Bichon Frize can be noisy, which should be taken into account by people who are annoyed by dog barking.
What do you need to buy to keep the Bichon?
To keep the Bichon Frize, you need the following minimum of accessories:
1. Bowls. It is possible to purchase two separate bowls, one combined or an auto feeder. It is recommended to choose a metal bowl with suction cups or with a rubberized bottom on the outside so that the bowl does not slip, or just a heavy bowl. The bowls can also be placed on a stand at the level of the dog's elbow joint. It is recommended to equip the bichon feeding area with a rug to facilitate cleaning. The volume of the bowl is about 1 liter.
2. Litter, bed, basket or any other, including homemade, sleeping place.
3. Collar and leashabout 2 m long. It is recommended to immediately attach to the collar a metal address tag with the owner's name, address and phone number stamped on it.
4. The tray is large.
5. It is also recommended to purchase a prefabricated aviary or build one yourself. It will come in handy at puppyhood, in particular for training the Bichon to the litter box. You can take the prefabricated aviary to the dacha and not be afraid that the puppy, left unattended, will get into trouble.
6. Carrying. It is especially necessary when visiting a veterinarian, when moving, on trips to the dacha and to exhibitions, etc.
7. Means and items of care.
8. Veterinary first aid kit for all occasions.
Bichon Frize. © www.flickr.com / MITCH Ǝ LL
What and how often to feed the Bichon Frize?
Proper nutrition is the key to the health and longevity of the Bichon Frize. It is recommended to feed adult dogs twice a day (morning and evening), puppies more often - 3-5 times, depending on age. Over time, the number of feeds should be reduced and the amount of feed per serving should be increased. By the age of 1, -1.5 years, the bichon should switch to an adult feeding regimen. It is recommended to feed this breed of dogs with high quality food (usually dry). Adding meat, vegetables and by-products to the diet is permissible (mixed food), but natural food (a diet consisting only of natural products) is highly undesirable. Fresh filtered water should always be available to the Bichon Frize. Some food components can cause watery eyes in dogs, therefore, when choosing food, it is important to find just such food, to the ingredients of which the Bichon Frize does not have an allergic reaction.
Dogs of this breed are very energetic and expend a lot of energy., especially if they go outside a lot, so there should be enough food, but not so much that the dog begins to gain excess weight. The portioned regimen should be selected individually, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian. Excess weight in a Bichon can be determined by maklak. Maklaki are two bones in the croup that are the improvised waist in dogs. If the lugs and ribs are not palpable, then obesity has begun.
Pet bowls should be kept perfectly clean and stored separately.
It is recommended to add vitamin and mineral supplements containing phytin, calcium, glycerophosphate, bone meal. When feeding expensive dog food, nothing is usually added to the diet of adult bichons, but nevertheless, it is recommended to consult with a veterinarian about the need to introduce additional feedings into the diet.
Bichon Frize. © www.flickr.com / Sarah Han
Foods that can harm the bichon (in some cases very seriously):
- Food from the host's table, - Tubular bones, - Onions, - Garlic, - Nuts, - Raisins, - Avocados, - Large seeds of fruits and berries (peaches, cherries, plums, etc.), - Alcohol, - Coffee and tea, - Yeast dough, - Leaves and fruits of nightshade crops (tomatoes, potatoes), - Broccoli, - Xylitol, - Corn.
Do I need to train the Bichon Frize? What training courses are suitable for the Bichon Frize?
Any dog needs to be trained, the Bichon Frize is no exception. The dog must be able to obey and know at least the most basic commands. Lack of education and training leads, at least, to disobedience and aggressive behavior. Each owner should be engaged in the upbringing and training of his bichon every day, both in everyday life and on walks.
The recommended training course for the Bichon Frize is OKD, adapted for small breed dogs. Twelve to sixteen lessons cost about 10,000 rubles (depending on the level of the school and its location).
Text author: wolchonokW7 Copyright
holder: Zooclub portal
Nutrients of the feed are spent on maintaining the life of the animal (ensuring a constant body temperature, blood pressure, the work of all internal systems and organs, etc.) and products obtained from animals. The main product from a horse is muscle work
The many years of experience of the leading sheep breeders of our country, the sheep breeders of Australia, New Zealand convincingly testifies that shepherds' dog breeding plays a significant role in facilitating the hard work of herders and increasing their productivity
What are the features of keeping a California sparkling cat?One of the most important conditions for keeping the Californian sparkling cat is space. Cats of this breed cannot live in small apartments. They need to constantly move, climb, run, learn and explore
What and how often should you feed your Bengal cat?Adult Bengal cats are fed 2 times a day (morning and evening). Young individuals have a different feeding regime: kittens are fed 4 times a day, and adolescents - 3 times.The best option would be super premium and premium food (dry or wet)
What do you need to keep a Himalayan cat?Himalayan cats are sociable, affectionate pets that do not require special conditions of keeping. Himalayans are great for keeping in an apartment and house , but the premises should not be too small, otherwise cats will be in constant stress, which can lead to neuroses, destructive behavior and aggression