Video: Beginner's Guide To Teaching Dog Obedience
1. If your dog is many years old and you are going to train it, it is still a beginner.
2. If you do not observe the following rules when raising a young dog, then difficulties will arise during training.
3. All family members (read “packs”) should take part in the upbringing.
4. Whoever works with a puppy, everyone should train him according to the same rules.
5. Training a puppy is a game + rest + work.
6. Engage in training with the puppy at least 10 minutes a day.
7. What commands a young dog should know: "To me", "You can", "Pull", "Give", "Next", "Sit", "Show your teeth", "Who is there?", "Walk!" "Lie down", "Place", "Voice", "Fu", "Aport", "Barrier", "Stand", "Silence" or "Quiet".
8. If your pet does not follow the command "Come to me", you can assume that you do not have a dog.
9. If you are not sure that the puppy will obey your command, then it is better not to give it, and if you did, then in any way make sure that he obey it.
10. Any command must be canceled by another command ("To me" - "Walk", "Stand" - "Lie down", "To me" - "Sit", etc.).
11. Any exercise that your pet performs should be performed only as it should and is able to do at that time. Better to do nothing at all than to do it wrong.
12. 100% - fulfillment - 100% reinforcement: positive - reward, delicacy, etc.; negative - punishment.
13. If the dog's attention is not directed at you, then it will ignore your actions and commands. It is necessary to attract the attention of the pet to yourself as much as possible (give a nickname, just talk, praise, call for a game, etc.).
14. Any command is pronounced only ONCE!
15. All prohibiting commands are learned through permissive or simultaneously.
16. Praise, caress, pet, give a treat is only necessary when the puppy really deserves a reward for his actions and his behavior.
17. If your pet does something wrong or does not do it at all, then look for the reason for this behavior in yourself and in your actions! It's easier to warn than to fix.
18. Start learning everything new with the puppy in a familiar environment, ie. without distractions (at home, at the place of walks, on the training ground).
19. Practice with your dog EVERYWHERE you can. when accustoming to exercise only in a certain place (for example, a training ground), the dog will not obey you in any other conditions and situations.