Table of contents:
Video: Tests For Seven Week Old Puppies
2023 Author: Molly Page | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 22:49
(the author of the test system is American psychologist William Campbell; the system allows you to accurately identify the makings of a dog by the behavior of a puppy - Campbell W. Be have our problems in dog. 1975)
TEST 1. Contact. Upon entering the room, the tester puts the puppy in the middle of the room and takes a few steps towards the door. Then he sits down and beckons the puppy with his hand. The degree of contact, gullibility and independence of a puppy is determined by whether he is suitable for a person and how:
- he approaches right there, the tail is raised, grins, grabs his hands with his teeth (A);
- comes up without delay, tail is raised, barks (B);
- fits without delay, tail down (C);
- comes up slowly, tail down (D);
- does not fit (E).
TEST 2. Following a person. The person moves away from the puppy at a normal pace. According to the manner of accompanying or not accompanying, the degree of independence of the puppy's character is determined:
- readily walks beside, grabs the test person by the legs, the tail is raised high (A);
- goes readily, the tail is raised high (B);
- follows a person readily, the tail is kept low (C);
- walks slowly, tail keeps low (D);
- does not follow a person, leaves him (E).
TEST 3. Obedience. The puppy is carefully placed on its side, picked up by the hand under the chest. A puppy in this position will show by his behavior how he perceives the physical and social dominance of a person. A puppy with a tendency to dominate will actively resist.
This test has no letter key.
TEST 4. Social dominance. The puppy is turned on its back by the withers. His behavior will demonstrate a reaction to human dominance. A puppy with pronounced inclinations of a leader grins at his hand, growls and bites. A puppy with the makings of an independent character will keep completely calm. The puppy must be kept in this position until the manner of his behavior is clearly defined:
- fights, resists, bites (A);
- fights, resists (B);
- moves, licks hands (C);
- turns to lick hands (D);
- freezes and waits (E).
TEST 5. Self-esteem. The puppy is taken from below by the belly with crossed arms so that he can see you, and hold in this position for 30 seconds:
- resists vigorously, growls, bites (A);
- resists vigorously (B);
- resists, then stops, licks his hands (C);
- does not resist at all, licks his hands (D).
All available puppies of the appropriate age can be tested at the same time. In this case, the names of the puppies are placed in a horizontal line, and letters denoting the results of each test are placed in a column under each name. As a result, a vertical column of four letters is formed under each nickname. The combination of letters will be different, and based on the key to the tests, you will receive the following characteristics and recommendations:
a) Two A's, as well as B:
- aggressive, can bite if touched;
- not recommended for children, adolescents and the elderly;
- Do not use harsh training methods.
Will tend to protect the host from danger.
b) Three or more C:
- a dog with the makings of a leader, loyal, with a pronounced spirit of competition;
- not recommended for children;
- good inclinations for hunting and service dogs.
c) Three or more C:
- ideal companion;
- recommended for children and the elderly.
d) Two or more Ds with one or more E:
- a very submissive dog to establish contact with a person, will require a lot of effort in training;
- does not create any problems in communication with children;
- can bite only as protection in case of abuse.
e) Two or more E (especially E in test 4):
- with difficulty makes contact, must be brought up according to a special method. If reactions B and C are encountered, the puppy's aggressiveness is caused by fear. If the D reaction is noted several times, the puppy may show a tendency to flee;
- not recommended for children and adolescents.
The development of puppies, from birth to the end of the suckling period, and especially in the first two weeks, depends mainly on the proper nutrition of the lactating bitches. In the first two weeks of newborn puppies, the mother's milk is the only food
Let the magic of number 7 not affect you, reader. Perhaps another dog breeder and animal lover will choose a different number of principles or commandments of proper nutrition for dogs, nevertheless, knowledge of the proposed rules will help organize tasty, nutritious and nutritious food so that the dog grows and develops normally if she is still a puppy and was always healthy
Puppies grow and develop very quickly . Compared to older dogs, they require nearly double the nutrient and vitamin requirements. Regular dog food cannot fully meet these needs, so during the first year of life, feed them a food formulated specifically for puppies
Puppies were born. They are already weighed and each tied with its own ribbon; mom fed them, and now they sleep well … What to do now? How to take care of them?Feeding . First, you should feed and water the mother of the puppies. Bring her bowls to the newborn crate as she may not want to leave her children. D
In order to properly raise and then train a puppy, the trainer must know his character. Of course, each trainer has his own, subjective idea about him. But it is important to confirm or refute this view using objective assessment methods.One of the methods of obtaining objective information about the nature of puppies and their suitability for training in various services (protective guard, sentry, search, etc